23 January 2011

Back in the Swing of Things



I can't believe it has been over 2 months since I last blogged. Quite frankly the fall session had me hopping with photo shoots and tons of editing. So, when November rolled around I just needed a break. Then December came and wouldn't you know it I was hit with the flu. More specifically, strep throat which I liken to child birth and a sinus infection that just wouldn't go away. Here we are in January and I feel somewhat back to normal minus the winter blues I ususally get around this time of year. I long to be in a warm climate perhaps Jamaica or Hawaii. I tease my little preschoolers who are off on a winter vacation to pack me away in their suitcase. They think this is hilarious but secretly I wish I could fly away with them. I try to remember last summer basking in the sunlight on the beach but it is a distant memory when the light leaves us at 5:00pm and the temperature hovers around -30 Celsius.

What have I been up to until now? Well, I have been busy reading, learning, and researching all things photography. I had my first newborn session and will have my first wedding at the end of January. I have been lusting for the Canon 70-200mm 2.8L and the Canon 50mm 1.2L - anyone wanna help a girl out :). I have set up several spring sessions with clients and am still designing mini accordian albums.
Thank you to everyone who helped me out during my portfolio building year. I learned a lot and met a lot of amazing people. I have grown in my photography and will be setting up pricing and packages to reflect this ( those lenses are calling my name after all).

There are still many photos to share from 2010 and I'd like to start with this adorable brother and sister team. I managed to capture some beautiful evening light photos. I especially love back lighting and use it whenever I can.






I find it takes a while for kids to warm up to the camera and this brother and sister team was no exception.


It wasn't long before I saw a fun and honest interaction. You could feel the love they had for each other.





     I think they have a future in the movies.




Love those brown eyes!

0 comments: